As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best.
The Tree Trimming cost calculator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the number of feet the tree is, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Tree Trimming done at your home
Understanding how this Tree Trimming calculator works:
- Simple Tree – This usually includes trimming less complex branches – low hanging tree branches.
- Medium Difficulty – This usually includes removal of moderate tree branches that are hanging over property lines, roofs and are more difficult to remove.
- Complex – This normally includes removing branches that require heavy machinery, bucket-truck, or crane services to reach higher limbs — FYI, if you have a tree limb or branch hanging over a power-line, call your utility company and they should remove the branch at no cost to you.
|Tree Trimming Costs||Zip Code||Tree Height|
|Tree Trimming – Material Prices||$30.00 – $35.00||$42.50 – $43.75||$45.00 – $48.75|
|Tree Trimming – Labor Cost||$256.25 – $258.75||$262.50 – $268.75||$275.00 – $281.25|
|Tree Trimming – Total||$286.25 – $293.75||$305.00 – $312.50||$320.00 – $330.00|
|Tree Trimming – Total Average Cost per tree
What Should It Cost To Trim Trees
The average tree trimming cost is $375 to $475 per tree less than 25′ tall. Once you get over 25′ tall the costs will rise given the fact that heavier equipment will be needed, such as: Boom-trucks or a Crane service.
Here’s a quick overview of what costs to expect from a professional tree trimming service near you:
- Smaller trees up to 25 ft in height typically cost between $375 and $475 to trim.
- Medium sized trees between 30 and 50 feet in height, cost between $700 to $1,000 to trim.
- Large Trees that are 50 feet or taller, such as spruce, oak, or pine trees, $900 to $1,500 to trim.
Tree Trimming – Pricing and removal Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Tree Trimming Arborist contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Tree Trimming prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a Tree Branch Removal contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out for Tree Trimming costs.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind before you remove too many tree, you still might want to maintain a certain look and little bit of shade.
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Tree Trimming before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Tree Trimming Arborist contractor to perform the Tree Branch Removal for you.
- Be sure to have a Tree Removal service contract in writing before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
View Other Tree Removal Costs & Options:
- Large Tree Removal
- Small Tree Removal
- Trimming & Stump Removal
- Hud Homes and Development – Volume 9, The Rehab Guide
- Estimating Tree Removal Costs: for Residential and Light Commercial Properties