Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Replacement Window is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for 2019 breakdown for Cost of Replacement Window materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. This replacement window cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the window size in united inch, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have a replacement window installed onto your home
(54+24)= 78 united inches for that window.
|Replacement Window costs||Zip Code||United Inch|
|Replacement Window – Material Prices||$120.00 – $150.00||$180.00 – $216.00||$276.00 – $336.00|
|Replacement Window – Installation Cost||$150.00 – $168.00||$192.00 – $222.00||$240.00 – $270.00|
|Replacement Window – Total||$270.00 – $318.00||$372.00 – $438.00||$516.00 – $606.00|
|Replacement Window – Total Average Cost per square foot||$2.45||$3.38||$4.67|
Top Window Replacement Cost Factors To Consider:
Window replacement costs on average $250 – $750 per window with installation into a single-story home. However, the prices do increase if you own a 2 or 3 story-home. Expect the costs to increase 25-50% per additional story.
This is due to the level of complexity, time, and equipment setup to properly remove and install the new window. Also take into consideration that this is usually a three-man operation for each window install – two are normally outside installing the window off of a ladder, while the third man is inside shimming and leveling the window from the inside.
Other factors affecting cost include:
- Unforeseen structural damage
- Having to alter the existing window frame
- Difficulty accessing the existing window
- Wrapping existing window trim with metal capping
- Double or Triple glazed windows
- Lead Certified & compliant ( post 1978, all windows must be tested for lead ). If lead is present, expect an upwards of 25% increase per window on the labor rate side.
- Operating costs – each company has their own profit margin and this can vary from company to company.
Replacement Windows Cost By Type:
To have a better understanding of what windows cost, here’s a quick overview of what various types of common windows will cost you. However, keep in mind that pricing varies from manufacturer across the board and also the additional add-ons affect the price:
- Double-hung: Sashes slide open from the top and bottom and tilt-in $250-750.00
- Single-hung: Top half remains fixed in place while the other half slides to open with the bottom tilting in to clean. $100-400.00
- Sliding: move horizontally along a track. $300 – $800.00
- Bay: extend out from a room. $1200 – $3000.00
- Casement: placed on side hinges and open outward. $275 – $650.00
- Picture: large panes of glass that don’t open; suitable for letting in light and views. $300 – $850.00
- Awning: open outward from top-mounted hinges. $350 – $600.00
- Transom: above a door or another window. $250 – $475.00
- Stationary: fixed panes that don’t open.
- Hopper Window Costs: $240 – $550.00
- Basement window: $100- $250.00
Replacement Window – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Replacement Window contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Replacement Window prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Spring, early Summer – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, dormers, etc. The additional complexity of your window’s Frame, trim work will add to the Replacement Window costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Replacement Window and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Replacement Window project.
- Some trusted window brands to consider: Andersen, Harvey, Pella, and Marvin windows. Some of these brands can be bought at Lowes & Home Depot.
View other window options and frame styles: Fiberglass, Wood, Vinyl & Aluminum
- Vinyl & Aluminum
Whats the Cost of Window replacement?
Wood Bay Window cost calculator
Average cost of Wood Casement Window
Whats the cost of Wood Picture Window
Wood Sliding Window costs on average?
Wood Window prices
Wood basement Window replacement costs
Bay Window cost calculator
Casement Windows cost estimator
Average cost of Double Pane Window
Insulated Window replacement cost
Cost of Picture Window replacement
How much does it cost for Replacement Bay Window
Average cost of Replacement Casement Window
Replacement Picture Window prices with installation
Replacement Sliding Window prices on average
Replacement Window cost on average
Sliding Window prices
Average cost of Storm Windows
Cost of Aluminum Bay Window Calculator
Whats the cost of Aluminum Casement Window
Average cost of Aluminum Picture Window
Aluminum Sliding Window cost
Average cost of Aluminum Windows
Vinyl Bay Window prices
Vinyl Casement Windows prices on average
Average cost of Vinyl Picture Window
How much do Vinyl Sliding Window cost?
Vinyl Window cost calculator
Basement Window Prices with installation
Average cost of Vinyl Basement Windows
How much do Egress Window Wells cost on average?
- Hud Path Rehab Guide, Volume 4, windows & doors. Dated added July 19, 2019
- Replacementwindowszone.com — Educates consumers on a plethora of replacement window brands and options, including national average costs data. Added July 19, 2019