As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best.
This Gutter Guard cost estimator or ( Leaf guard as some call it), will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Gutter Guard installed onto your home
|Gutter Guard cost Calculator
||Zip Code||Linear feet|
|Gutter Guard – Material Prices||$40.00 – $104.00||$200.00 – $424.00||$400.00 – $632.00|
|Gutter Guard – Installation Cost||$248.00 – $304.00||$320.00 – $360.00||$400.00 – $480.00|
|Gutter Guard – Total||$288.00 – $408.00||$520.00 – $784.00||$800.00 – $1112.00|
|Gutter Guard – Total Average Cost per square foot||$2.17||$4.08||$5.97|
How Much Does It Cost To Install Gutter Guard on Average?
The average labor cost to install Gutter guard is $2.50 to $3.75 on average for a typical 2,000 square foot home. However, material prices run between $1 to $7 per linear ft. Expect these prices to rise for additional floor levels and complexity of the job. Get a free gutter guard quote from a professional.
These cost will vary due to the number of inside and outside corners, style options, building height and job-site conditions. To save money and DIY this job yourself, expect to pay in the range for all said materials listed below $.25 to $6.50 per linear ft. Based on material selection.
Material Costs From Basic to Best:
- Plastic screen gutter guard: $.30 to $.70
- Aluminum perforated gutter covers: $.75 to $1.65
- Steel screen gutter guard: $1.95 to $3.35
- Foam gutter guard: $2.45 to $3.55
- Micro mesh steel gutter guard: $2.85-$4.30
- Brush gutter guard: $3.15-$4.25
- Solid-surface gutter guard – Helmets: $3.35-$6.45
Gutter Guard – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Gutter Guard contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Gutter Guard prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, bump-outs, radius’s etc. The additional complexity of your gutter-line will add to the Gutter Guard costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Galvanized Gutter and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Before having new Gutter Guards installed onto your home, be sure to check to see whether or not your need to replace your roof. If your roof is in bad shape, or close to it, have your new Gutter Guards installed after a new roof install so your gutter’s don’t get banged up.
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Gutter Guard installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Gutter Guard contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Gutter Guard Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, Victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Gutter Guard project.
View More Gutter Prices, Styles & Accessories
- PVC & Vinyl Gutters
- Metal & Wood Gutters
- Leaf Gutter Gaurds
- This Old House: How to install gutters with installation costs
Estimating Building Costs: for the Residential and Light Commercial Buildings