Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for blown in attic Insulation is near you, by using our easy to use calculator.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best.
The attic blown in Insulation cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have attic blown in Insulation installed in your home
Example: a 10′ x 10′ area equal 100 square feet.
|Attic Blown in Insulation Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Attic Blown in Insulation – Material Prices||$40.00 – $45.00||$50.00 – $55.00||$60.00 – $75.00|
|Attic Blown in Insulation – Installation Cost||$115.00 – $125.00||$145.00 – $160.00||$175.00 – $195.00|
|Attic Blown in Insulation – Total||$155.00 – $170.00||$195.00 – $215.00||$235.00 – $270.00|
|Attic Blown in Insulation – Total Average Cost per square foot||$1.63||$2.05||$2.52|
How Much Does Blown-in Attic Insulation Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay between $1.25 to $2.00 per square ft. to install attic insulation and material cost for Cellulose/Fiberglass with a R-value of: r-30 to r-60 insulation will cost between 0.15 to 0.65 cents per square foot. An average-size attic of 1,200 square ft. will usually cost about $1,600-$2,700. Get free estimates from insulation companies near you
Attic Blown in Insulation – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring an Insulation contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the price to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Attic Blown in Insulation and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Attic Blown in Insulation project.
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Attic Blown in Insulation installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Insulation contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Insulation Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
View other Residential & Commercial Insulation costs and Types
- Spray Foam
- Fiberglass & Blown-in
- Ridgid Board & Tapered
Average Cost of Spray Foam Insulation per square foot
expanding foam insulation cost
Whats the average cost of energy efficient insulation
foam insulation cost per square foot
How much does closed cell foam insulation cost?
closed cell spray foam insulation cost installed
foam board insulation prices
Average cost of foam insulation in attic
How much does attic insulation cost?
Whats the average cost of attic blown in insulation
batt insulation cost installed
Average cost of blown fiberglass insulation
How much does cellulose insulation cost?
ceiling insulation cost on average
wall insulation cost to install
closed cell insulation cost per square foot
Average cost of dense pack cellulose insulation
exterior insulation prices per square foot
fiberglass insulation cost on average installed
garage insulation cost
How much does green insulation cost?
home insulation cost per square foot
- Energy.Gov — Department of Energy, types of insulation guide. Added on July 21, 2015
- Home Depot — Insulation types buying guide. Added on Aug 3, 2022