Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Spray Foam Insulation is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the Spray Foam Insulation materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Spray Foam Insulation cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Spray Foam Insulation installed in your home
Basic= 1″ inch thick of coverage wall/attic
Better= 2″ inches thick of coverage wall/attic
Best= 3″ inches of thick coverage wall/attic
|Spray Foam Insulation Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Spray Foam Insulation – Material Prices||$120.00 – $192.00||$168.00 – $252.00||$240.00 – $336.00|
|Spray Foam Insulation – Installation Cost||$252.00 – $384.00||$360.00 – $516.00||$504.00 – $648.00|
|Spray Foam Insulation – Total||$372.00 – $576.00||$528.00 – $768.00||$744.00 – $984.00|
|Spray Foam Insulation – Total Average Cost per square foot||$3.95||$5.40||$7.20|
How Much Does Spray Foam Insulation Cost?
Best Places To Use Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation has many uses and often thought as, the ultimate insulator for your home. However, installing spray foam insulation is much more costly than its predecessors and should be taken into consideration when remodeling your home or new construction budget.
However, in the long-run, the costs vs value over traditional insulation outweighs the costs with yearly savings. Where to use spray foam insulation? To get the most value and stretch your dollars, choose these areas:
- Attic and Crawl Space: Spray foam the attic deck (ceiling joists) to completely seal any air leaks from the lower rooms in your home.
- Exterior wall framing: Have all exterior walls spray foamed to help eliminate any drafts you feel around windows, doors, and mechanicals.
Open Cell Vs Closed Cell Foam Spray Insulation – What’s the difference?
Open-cell foam costs slightly less for the same thickness, but offers lower R-value. It has an R-Value of 3.5-3.6 per inch, and its density is bout 0.5 pounds per cubic foot. Furthermore, open-cell insulation requires a vapor retarder like sheetrock or plastic sheets stapled onto the interior walls.
Closed-cell’s obvious advantages compensate for its slightly higher price tag of 15% to 30% for the same thickness. closed cell spray foam (aka two-pound foam) is denser than open-cell at about 2 pounds per cubic foot. Its R-Value is roughly 6.5 per inch. The primary reason closed-cell doesn’t need a vapor retarder, is because it already has one due to its density and mixture.
Spray Foam Insulation – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring Spray Foam Insulation contractors — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the price to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Spray Foam Insulation and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, Victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Spray Foam Insulation project.
View other Residential & Commercial Insulation costs and Types
- Spray Foam
- Fiberglass & Blown-in
- Ridgid Board & Tapered
Average Cost of Spray Foam Insulation per square foot
expanding foam insulation cost
Whats the average cost of energy efficient insulation
foam insulation cost per square foot
How much does closed cell foam insulation cost?
closed cell spray foam insulation cost installed
foam board insulation prices
Average cost of foam insulation in attic
How much does attic insulation cost?
Whats the average cost of attic blown in insulation
batt insulation cost installed
Average cost of blown fiberglass insulation
How much does cellulose insulation cost?
ceiling insulation cost on average
wall insulation cost to install
closed cell insulation cost per square foot
Average cost of dense pack cellulose insulation
exterior insulation prices per square foot
fiberglass insulation cost on average installed
garage insulation cost
How much does green insulation cost?
home insulation cost per square foot
- Energy.Gov — Department of Energy, types of insulation guide. Added on Jan. 21, 2015
- Home Depot — Insulation types buying guide. Added on Jan. 3, 2022