Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Vinyl Fence is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the Cost of Vinyl Fence materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. This Vinyl Fence cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Vinyl Fence installed onto your home
|Vinyl Fence Costs||Zip Code||Lineal ft.|
|Vinyl Fence – Material Prices||$1025.00 – $1050.00||$1275.00 – $1395.00||$1425.00 – $1585.00|
|Vinyl Fence – Installation Cost||$450.00 – $475.00||$500.00 – $535.00||$650.00 – $650.00|
|Vinyl Fence – Total||$1475.00 – $1525.00||$1775.00 – $1930.00||$2075.00 – $2235.00|
|Vinyl Fence – Total Average Cost per lineal foot||$15.00||$18.52||$21.55|
How much does it cost to install a vinyl fence?
A vinyl fence costs $15-$20 per lineal foot on average, professionally installed (not including materials). Here’s a quick price comparison:
- Vinyl Fence: $15-$20 per lineal foot
- Vinyl Picket Fence: $20-$28 per Lineal foot
- Vinyl Privacy Fence: $25-$35 per Lineal foot
Investing in a Vinyl or PVC fence can be an exciting and long-term investment. The materials are basically maintenance free and there’s no need to worry about staining or termites destroying your investment.
Vinyl fencing has come along way since it first was introduced and many, if not all vinyl fencing has mold & mildew protection as well as UV protection backed right in.
Vinyl fencing comes in a plethora of design and color choices as written below.
Types of Fence Styles:
- Picket – This type of fence is stylish and doesn’t completely block your view and are perfect for containing small pets and children. 4’ft. Vinyl picket fences will run you about: $18-27.00 per linear foot.
- Privacy – As the name states, 6’ft. Vinyl privacy fences offer complete privacy and come in many stylish options. The average running cost is in the neighborhood of $24-35.00 per linear ft.
- Ranch – These can be stylish and act more or less as a property divider. Prices for a 4′ vinyl ranch fence run on average $21-30.00 per linear ft.
You will find that you have two options when it comes to buying vinyl fencing at many big box stores, such as: Home depot, Lowes, and Menards; either pre-made sections, or unassembled sections of fencing.
Professional fence companies will charge on average $10-15.00 per linear ft. to install your vinyl fence. So if you were to have a fence company install a 100 foot fence, you would look at a labor cost of 1,000-1,500 installed.
However, if your fence project isn’t too big, then I would opt for doing this yourself.
Extra’s & added cost factors:
- The cost to remove and dispose of an existing PVC or vinyl fence will run in the range of $3-$5.00 per linear foot.
- 4″x4″ posts will run in the range of $25-$40 per post. The are installed on either end of the fence panel and are required for stability.
- Vinyl post caps will give your fence the finishing touches and cost between $3-$6.00 per post cap.
- Vinyl Fence Gates will run you about $150-250.00 depending upon on how fancy you want to get.
- Metal post supports – these support slide inside the 4″x4″ post for added support to your fence. These are perfect for high wind areas.
- Property conditions: Cost of vinyl fence installation can rise if you have brush and any obstacles in the way of the fence line. Furthermore, if your property is sloped or is built upon a rock bed (aka Ledge), this can contribute to increased labor cost by as much as 30% in some cases.
Vinyl Fence – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Vinyl Fence contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Vinyl Fence prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home landscaping will add to the Vinyl Fence costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Vinyl Fence and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, Victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Vinyl Fence project.
- Before you start any fence project — It’s extremely important that you call “Dig Safe!” I can’t stress that enough. It’s a simple phone call and it’s free by dialing 811. The Dig safe crew will come by and map out any water, electrical, and gas lines that might be present in the path of your new vinyl fence.
- Permits – check with your local building department to see if you’re required by city/town or State to have a permit. This usually costs roughly $5-10.00 per thousand dollars.
View Other Fencing Options and Pricing: Vinyl, Wood, Cedar, PVC, Chain-link & Composite Fences
- Composite & Vinyl
How much does a Wood Fence cost on average?
Wood Picket Fence cost calculator
How much are Bamboo Fences?
Cost of Board On Board Fence
Average Cedar Fence Prices?
Cedar Picket Fence cost
Redwood Fence prices
How much does a Redwood Picket Fence cost?
Cost of Shadowbox Fence
Cost of Split Rail Fence
Cost of Stockade Fence
Cost of Panel Fence
Cost of Pool Fence
Privacy Fence Cost
- Hud Homes and Development – Volume 9, The Rehab Guide
- Estimating fencing Costs: for Residential and Light Commercial Buildings