As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. This Steel Roof cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have a Steel Roof installed onto your home
|Steel Roof Roof costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Steel Roof – Material Prices||$165.00 – $175.00||$190.00 – $210.00||$220.00 – $250.00|
|Steel Roof – Installation Cost||$220.00 – $240.00||$265.00 – $280.00||$300.00 – $340.00|
|Steel Roof – Total||$385.00 – $415.00||$455.00 – $490.00||$520.00 – $590.00|
|Steel Roof – Total Average Cost per square foot||$4.00||$4.72||$5.55|
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Steel Roof installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Steel Roof contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Steel Roof Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Steel Roof – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Steel Roof contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Steel Roof prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, hips, valleys, dormers, curbs, ventilation, etc. The additional complexity of your roof will add to the Steel Roof costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Steel Roof and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Steel Roof project.