As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Sliding Doors estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the number of Sliding Doors needed (Units), next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Sliding Doors installed in your home.
Standard Sliding Doors size’s are: 6’ft. 10″ in Height by 72″ Wide. * Please Note: United Inches is where you add the height and the width of a door. I.e : the standard Sliding door would measure 82″ inches in height by 72″ wide, for a total of 154 united inches rounded up to 160 for the frame.
|Sliding Doors Costs
|Sliding Doors – Material Prices
|Sliding Doors – Installation Cost
|Sliding Doors – Total
|Sliding Doors – Total Average Cost per square foot
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Sliding Doors installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Sliding Doors contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Sliding Doors Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Sliding Doors – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Sliding Doors contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Sliding Doors prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the Sliding Doors costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Sliding Doors and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, Victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Sliding Doors project.