As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best.
The costs for a screened-in porch calculator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have a screened-in porch installed by a local contractor near you.
|Screened In Porch Costs Calculator
||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Screened In Porch – Material Prices||$330.00 – $360.00||$405.00 – $412.50||$495.00 – $682.50|
|Screened In Porch – Installation Cost||$487.50 – $502.50||$525.00 – $547.50||$555.00 – $585.00|
|Screened In Porch – Total||$817.50 – $862.50||$930.00 – $960.00||$1050.00 – $1267.50|
|Screened In Porch – Total Average Cost per square foot||$5.60||$6.30||$7.72|
How Much Does a Screened In Porch Cost?
The average labor & material cost to screen-in a porch is $5 per square ft. for mid-range materials and trim. However, using high-end materials such as copper will increase the cost per sq. ft. by $1.50 to $2.25. A typical 12’x12′ back porch will cost you $860 to $1,200.
|Screened In Porch
12’x12′ @ 140 sq. ft.
Labor w/ Installation
|Average||$760 to $1,200|
What does a lanai porch cost?
The average cost of a lanai porch cost $28 to $65 per square foot.
What’s the difference between a screen porch, screened-in patio and covered deck?
A porch is a fixed portion of your front-entry, whereas a covered deck many not be enclosed as a porch would. A screened-in patio can be attached to the home or act as a standalone dwelling.
How much does it cost to convert a deck to screened porch?
The labor cost to covert a deck into a screened-in porch requires some framing and trim enhancements to support the screens – look to spend $6 to $8 per sq. ft. and $16 per square foot for any framing, roofing that needs to be done.
Screened In Porch – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a screened-in porch contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the Screened In Porch costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Screened In Porch and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Screened In Porch project.
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Screened In Porch installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Screened In Porch contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Screened In Porch Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Estimate Arbor Costs for the following styles: Wood, PVC & Aluminum
How Much Do Patio Arbors Cost?
Average cost of Wood Arbors
How much are Pergola
Wood Pergola Prices
Average cost of Stratco Pergola
How much does a Screened In Pool Cost?
Cost of Screened In Porch
- The HUD PATH Rehab Guide – Great resource for understanding framing systems and estimating costs
- Builders Estimating Guide – 2011 Edition