Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Hurricane Shutter is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the Cost of Hurricane Shutter materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. This Hurricane Shutter cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Hurricane Shutter installed onto your home
|Hurricane Shutter costs||Zip Code||Pair|
|Hurricane Shutter – Material Prices|
|Hurricane Shutter – Installation Cost|
|Hurricane Shutter – Total|
|Hurricane Shutter – Total Average Cost per square foot|
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Hurricane Shutter installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Hurricane Shutter contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Hurricane Shutter Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Hurricane Shutter – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Hurricane Shutter contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Hurricane Shutter prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, etc. The additional complexity of your window will add to the Hurricane Shutter costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Hurricane Shutter and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Hurricane Shutter project.