The average cost of a concrete slab is $8 per square foot for materials and labor with most paying between $6 on the low end to $14 per square foot on the high end.
The costs start increasing when you’re after a certain finish, thickness, wire-mesh, and site prep work will all contribute to added cost. The biggest factor is usually the size of the job, as contractors tend to charge a minimum delivery fee for small slabs.
Concrete slabs are most commonly used for driveways, parking lots, sidewalks, and patios.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best.
The concrete slab calculator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Concrete Slabs installed at your home
Example: a 10 x 10 area = 100 square feet.
|Concrete Slabs Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Concrete Slabs – Material Prices||$185.00 – $205.00||$234.00 – $256.00||$257.00 – $289.00|
|Concrete Slabs – Installation Cost||$450.00 – $535.00||$645.00 – $960.00||$1080.00 – $1295.00|
|Concrete Slabs – Total||$635.00 – $740.00||$879.00 – $1216.00||$1337.00 – $1584.00|
|Concrete Slabs – Total Average Cost per square foot||$6.88||$10.47||$14.61|
How much does a concrete slab cost?
The average cost for a standard 12′ x 12′ shed concrete slab costs roughly: $720 – $1,200. or $6 – $10.00 per square foot.
However, costs can rise if you’d like to have something decorative as a stamped concrete patio, or if you’re looking to have curves and other decorative edging features installed.
Additional Cost Factors
- Your standard concrete slab is normally a minimum of 4-6 inches in thickness with a reinforced wire mesh. Which cost on average .30 – $.80 per square for materials and installation.
- Colored concrete will cost you an extra .75 – $1.25 per square added to a basic concrete mix.
- Sub-base preparation – this runs on average .60 – $1.25 per square foot and involves site-work prep: Grading, compacting the top-grade, 2″x4″ or 2″x6″ wood forms, 3/4 crushed stone and installing wire-mesh.
- Concrete Mix – Concrete costs an average of $100 per cubic yard according to NRMCA
Concrete Slabs – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Expect the Concrete Slabs prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out for Concrete Slabs costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Concrete Slabs and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Installing Concrete Slabs isn’t an easy task to perform and can leave you with a sore back. You might find it more cost effective to hire a Concrete Contractor or, mason company to perform the work for you. Concrete Contractors or, Mason companies will most always get better prices on Concrete Slabs — saving your back and additional costs of Concrete Slabs materials, so shop around, ask your neighbors if they can recommend someone.
View other concrete styles, costs and more: Stamped, Stained, Colored, & Patterned Concrete Systems
- Colored, Stained & Sealers
- Stamped & Patterned
- Concrete Curbs & Pads
Whats the average Cost of Patina Stain Concrete?
Cost of Patterned Concrete per square foot
Average cost of Penetrating Concrete Sealer
Whats the average cost of Polished Concrete per square foot
Average cost of Polyurethane Concrete Sealer
Cost of Colored Concrete per yard
How much does Acrylic Concrete Sealer Cost?
Average cost of Apply Decorative Concrete Stain
Stained Concrete Slab Cost Calculator
How much does Epoxy Concrete Sealer Cost?
Cost of Single Color Stamped Concrete Calculator
- Quikrete — Calculate how many bags of cement you may need. Added on July 17, 2015
- Lowes — Concrete Pad Calculator. Added on April 16, 2023
- Hud Path — Concrete forms and sitework Volume 9. Added June 1, 2023