Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for New Insulation is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for 2018 breakdown for New Insulation materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The New Insulation cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have New Insulation installed in your home
Example: a 10″ x 10′ area equal 100 square feet.
|New Insulation Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|New Insulation – Material Prices||$40.00 – $45.00||$50.00 – $55.00||$60.00 – $75.00|
|New Insulation – Installation Cost||$125.00 – $135.00||$175.00 – $200.00||$225.00 – $265.00|
|New Insulation – Total||$165.00 – $180.00||$225.00 – $255.00||$285.00 – $340.00|
|New Insulation – Total Average Cost per square foot||$1.73||$2.40||$3.13|
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a New Insulation installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured New Insulation contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the New Insulation Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
New Insulation – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring New Insulation contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the price to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of New Insulation and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your New Insulation project.
View other Residential & Commercial Insulation costs and Types
- Spray Foam
- Fiberglass & Blown-in
- Ridgid Board & Tapered
Average Cost of Spray Foam Insulation per square foot
expanding foam insulation cost
Whats the average cost of energy efficient insulation
foam insulation cost per square foot
How much does closed cell foam insulation cost?
closed cell spray foam insulation cost installed
foam board insulation prices
Average cost of foam insulation in attic
How much does attic insulation cost?
Whats the average cost of attic blown in insulation
batt insulation cost installed
Average cost of blown fiberglass insulation
How much does cellulose insulation cost?
ceiling insulation cost on average
wall insulation cost to install
closed cell insulation cost per square foot
Average cost of dense pack cellulose insulation
exterior insulation prices per square foot
fiberglass insulation cost on average installed
garage insulation cost
How much does green insulation cost?
home insulation cost per square foot
- Energy.Gov — Department of Energy, types of insulation guide. Added on July 21, 2018
- Home Depot — Insulation types buying guide. Added on Aug 3, 2018