As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Mold and Mildew Removal estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Mold and Mildew Removal done at your home.
Mold Remedation Cost
Mold and Mildew Removal cost can vary from the low end of 500 and upwards 4-5,000 depending on what type of mold needs removal. Most homeowners call mold abatement companies when the spot Black mold, or smell mildew. While this is fine, there are other types of mold to be concerned about: Aspergillus, Alternaria and Cladosporium. These types of mold can cause serious health issues and should be sought after by a professional mold abatement company.
|Mold and Mildew Removal Costs||Zip Code||Per Sq. ft.|
|Mold and Mildew Removal – Material Prices||$25.00 – $30.00||$35.00 – $45.00||$50.00 – $55.00|
|Mold and Mildew Removal – Cost||$475.00 – $525.00||$575.00 – $635.00||$675.00 – $725.00|
|Mold and Mildew Removal – Total||$500.00 – $555.00||$610.00 – $680.00||$725.00 – $780.00|
|Mold and Mildew Removal – Total Average Cost||$5.28||$6.45||$7.53|
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Mold and Mildew Removal service before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Attic Mold removal contractor to perform the Mold and Mildew Removal for you.
- Be sure to have a Mold and Mildew Removal service contract in writing before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Mold and Mildew Removal – Pricing and removal Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Mold and Mildew Removal contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Mold and Mildew Removal prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a Mold Abatement contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out for Mold and Mildew Removal costs.
View other House and Home Mold Types:
- Mold Removal
attic mold removal cost
Whats the cost of mold removal
Average cost of mold removal in air ducts
Professional mold and mildew removal cost
What does black mold removal cost?
Average cost of basement mold removal
Average cost of mold removal in bathroom
crawl space mold removal cost
How much does toxic mold removal cost?
- Fema.Gov — Understanding home mold growth and exposure to mold. Added July 23, 2015
- EnergyStar.Gov — Mold, mildew or musty odors, diagnosis and treatments. Added April 16, 2023