Don’t let your roofing budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Asphalt Shingle Roof is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for 2014 breakdown for Cost of Asphalt Shingle Roof materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed roofing contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. This Asphalt Shingle Roof cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have a Asphalt Shingle Roof installed onto your home
|Asphalt Shingle Roof Costs||zip code||sq. feet|
|Asphalt Shingle Roof – Material Prices||$165.00 – $175.00||$190.00 – $210.00||$220.00 – $250.00|
|Asphalt Shingle Roof – Installation Cost||$220.00 – $240.00||$265.00 – $280.00||$300.00 – $340.00|
|Asphalt Shingle Roof – Total||$385.00 – $415.00||$455.00 – $490.00||$520.00 – $590.00|
|Asphalt Shingle Roof – Total Average Cost per square foot||$4.00||$4.72||$5.55|
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Asphalt Shingle Roof installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured roofing contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Asphalt Shingle Roof Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Asphalt Shingle Roof – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Asphalt Shingle Roof contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Asphalt Shingle Roof prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, hips, valleys, dormers, curbs, ventilation, etc. The additional complexity of your roof will add to the Aluminum Shingle Roof costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Asphalt Shingle Roof and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Asphalt Shingle Roof project.